How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have a dispute with a builder I have used several in the

Customer Question

I have a dispute with a builder I have used several in the past over some exhorbitantly priced work at one of my rental proeprties & he now wants to go to the small claims court.
I am more than willing to do so however as my rental business is run by my son who has had all contact & dialogue with him up until this dispute when I, questioned him in writing re this matter the builder now wants to know my home address I presume to send me court papers.
As I am concerned about his integrity knowing where I live (alone) I would prefer to give my addres as - c/o my son which of course my son will hand to me.
My question is; is this permissible under the small claims court or does it have to be my home address
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with over 20 years experience. I will try to answer those for you.
It is OK for you to nominate an address for service. You do not have to tell him your home address.
You should write to the builder telling him that your address for service is your son's address.