How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34898
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am 68 years of age born in 1947. How, or will my state pension

This answer was rated:

I am 68 years of age born in 1947. How, or will my state pension change in April 2016?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.
You pension will not change at all - you will continue to receive payment under the old scheme
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clare, thanks for your reply. I have been employed continually from the age of 16 to retiring at 65. Before I contact my MP can you confirm for me whether someone of similar circumstances as myself will receive a greater pension if retiring at 65 after 1 April 2016.
It is more involved than thatAt the moment there are State Pensions: Additional Pensions: and Pension Credit - all of which you are eligible to apply forUnder the new scheme there will be one flat rate pension
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you