How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35057
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a 30% share in a commercial property as does my husband.

This answer was rated:

I have a 30% share in a commercial property as does my husband. the total value is about £500000, no mortgage. If we divorce can I sign over to him my 30% in exchange for his share of our house (value approx £300000) which we own jointly, without any tax implications?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Provided it is part of a Consent Order then there should be no tax implications
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay, i have been unwell.
we had not planned on using solicitors unless absolutely necessary,just a separation agreement. the commercial property will likely be sold in the next 5 years, I was really wondering when a sale went through would your answer still apply?
When do you intend to divorce/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
within the next 12 months
Provided it is done within the Financial Order within Divorce Proceedings and the Transfer and Order are in the same financial year then all will be well
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you