How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33538
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I rented a flat and moved last March, the agent is ignoring

This answer was rated:

I rented a flat and moved last March, the agent is ignoring my inquiry of claiming my deposit back????? I have sent him many emails with no respose!!! Also he has not registered my deposit in the deposit scheme??? How can you help me to get my money back???
If the deposit is not registered then you can apply to the court by way of the small claims court ( for the deposit and three times the deposit as a legal fine for the failure to register in a TDS. I hope this helps - please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I know whether the deposit registered in a TDS or no?? Is there any way that help to know.
My second question is how much does the court charge for it as my deposit is £450 ?
Third question Is there any consequences when I make a claim?
If the deposit was protected then they should have told you - the law is very clear on this. The fact that they did not tell you is thus key. As such you can claim for three time the deposit. The fees are set out on the site - - the purpose of the small claims court is that people do not need lawyers and should be able tp deal with such claims by themselves. I hope this helps. Please rate positive
ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you