How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1432
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Good afternoon, I wanted to ask advice. My husband

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
I wanted to ask for an advice. My husband of 18 years has walked out on me and our two children (10 & 8) couple of months ago. He met a woman and within three days he moved in with her. He sees the children regularly, but last Sunday she was introduced to them as his new girlfriend. I was not happy about this as I thought it was too soon, but I didn't want to sound like a jealous ex. I allowed him to take children on a day outing, but unaware to me she was taking pictures of them, which she then had posted on her public Facebook profile with comments about happy families. While I have no objection to her profile being public and her putting up pictures of my ex and her, I have an objection to putting up my children's photos. I have asked her to remove them, but she has instead blocked me and made her profile visible to just friends, however I do know she has not removed the photos.
My point is, I have a really bad feeling about her, and I do no wish for my children to be spending time with her. I have been very accommodating to my husband in regards ***** ***** the children, but I think he introduced her too soon and I do not like her actions, which are telling me she is a bit obsessed and possessive..
I want to talk to my husband about this issue and my wishes for her not to be present while he is seeing the children. I am not sure how he will take it, hence I wanted to know if I have any legal rights as a concerned mother to stop her seeing them.
He abandoned us and I am the main carer for the children.
Can you please advise on what options do I have.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with your husband's new partner.
Facebook causes a whole range of problems and I agree that your ex should not be putting photos of your children on Facebook. The courts are of the view that children should have a good relationship with both of their parents unless there are child protection concerns as to why this should not happen. I am sorry to say that your husband abandoning you and his new girlfriend putting pictures on Facebook are not reasons why your ex should stop having a relationship with his children. If you do stop contact time then your husband is likely to make an application to the court for a child arrangement order to confirm the time he spends with your children.
Before any application could be made to court - your husband would have to refer the matter to mediation. Mediation is a really good idea as it helps both parties try to understand and agree matters without the need for court proceedings. You should consider referring the matter to mediation yourself so that you can talk through matters with your husband. The meditation is for you and your husband and not his new girlfriend.
If you do have genuine concerns about the new girlfriend- you could always try ringing social services - asking them to check their records for anything concerning.
Please don't hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
ukfamilysolicitor and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you