How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10976
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I own a flat worth £300,000. I have a mortgage on the flat

This answer was rated:

I own a flat worth £300,000. I have a mortgage on the flat of £150,000. I wish to sell the flat to my daughter for the mortgage value of £150,000 and gift her the rest of the value.
Do we each need a lawyer or can one act for the whole transaction
1. There is nothing here to prevent one solicitor acting for both yourself and your daughter in this transaction. Essentially, there just needs to be a conveyance of the flat from one party to the other. In the circumstances, the solicitor can advise one or both of you to seek independent advice if the lawyer decides this is necessary. However, there is no rule of practice or conduct which prevents one lawyer acting for you both.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you