How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33529
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I was dating an expat South Afircan living and working in the

This answer was rated:

I was dating an expat South Afircan living and working in the UK since 2001. We were planning on getting married in the near future & in good faith I lent him £600 in cash on the 10th April 2015!
He broke up with me on the 17th October and has paid me £50 on the 1st Nov. I know that he is busy getting a transfer to Hertfordshire from Sawston, Cambridgeshire @ present. He is disputing the amount owing to me and trying to diddle me out of £100! He is a lying lowlife that spouts a lot of false promises, etc.
How do I go about ensuring that I get my money back. I have all the necessary proof of my Foreign Exchange transactions, etc.
in fact, I visited him from 10th to 13th April & again from the 23rd to the 29th September this year. Both trips paid for by me. I have been very patient and generous in that I'm not charging him interest on this money which came out of my Interest bearing investment account. I am losing out on the exchange rate and he wants to charge me with Harassment and Stalking, which are trumped up lies. My mobile phone is registered in my name and I can prove that I have not been stalking him. I should sue him for Breach of Contract and Defamation of Character cos I'm the injured party.....
He is busy making me lose my patience. I can't throw good money after bad money cos lawyers charge £220 per hour and not worth it. I'm also not prepared to fly to the UK again this year to lodge a claim in the Small Claims Court.
What should I do to ensure he repays me the full amount
Yours faithfully
Maria Tereza dos Anjos Ferreira
I am not convinced that there is very much you can do unless you decide to bring a claim against him in the small claims court - that said you have six years to bring the claim from the date when you leant the money to him. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you