How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

The council is taking me to court paying

This answer was rated:

The council is taking me to court for eviction for not paying the rent for 5 months now.
My reasons for not paying the rent is because I asked the council to add my mother on my tenancy agreement since last year and nothing is been done till now,I keep chasing the council but they are not responding to me at all,6 weeks ago I did an application for my mum for Housing Benefit as she is entitled to receive if she is on the Tenancy Agreement,but once when I spoke with one lady from the council she said when I sign the agreement my mum was not living with me,now I don't know how I stand with this situation.
My mother has been living with me for 16 months now since July last year,and I signed the tenancy in April last year.
What else can I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If she moved in 16 months ago, why didnt she help pay rent please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
because I was supporting her until she will be able to pay herself when she is getting Housing B
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can not speak on the phone,sorry
If you are able to text me that will be great
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will not pay the rent until the council is adding mum on the tenancy,will this make us homeless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can I sue the council as they don't want to help,they never answer to emails and when I get to talk to a receptionist they say its all done online via e-mails but is a black hole and no reply at all never.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is anybody there?to answer me please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex,will I get an answer tonight?let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am very disappointed about this service,you charged me for a quick and very detailed answer £56 plus £36 you ask to speak on the phone but you left me without any help,I want my money back now as I need it for an urgent answer,very bad attitude to leave client with empty hands,unprofessional,you better say you can not help and this will be more fair,so please for who is there I am not paying for not having any answer at all and wasting my time giving me false hopes,you better not appear here to disappoint people and take the money from me.
Do you have a contact number we can talk on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No,now is to late I am asking for refund for the whole amount of money I paid £56 plus £36 total of £92.
Are you sure as I would love to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am very sure,I want refund now please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I claim my payment back?as I have this right if I am not happy with the service.