How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I split from my wife Sandra 5 years ago and both of us are

This answer was rated:

I split from my wife Sandra 5 years ago and both of us are now remarried. We had a 6 year old daughter Lily at the time who is obviously now 11 years old. Sandra's new husband Paul for reasons which we do not understand makes it very clear that he hates
me and although I see Lily from time to time he makes it difficult for us to plan time together. Lily has shown me a lot of love up to very recently but this has now changed. Two years ago Lily started posing with her bottom in the air saying 'Do you want
to see my bits !' We know that Paul is an amateur photographer and wonder whether he has been asking her to pose for him. Furthermore Lily has continued to act strangely and we are very concerned that Paul maybe abusing her. I have mentioned our concerns with
Sandra and although she has not said so Trisha (my wife) and I believe that she may also be concerned, however for obvious reasons I do not believe Sandra will be very helpful. Do we have the right to ask for a CRB search on Paul and what advice can you give
us generally over this very serious situation.
In light of what you have written I would be minded to raise these concerns with social services - they would investigate the allegations and they would have the power to undertake any necessary checks on this new partner. As to your contact you can of course try and mediate to get an increase in contact or greater stability. The other option would be to make an application to the court for a child arrangement order to formalise your contact. Happy to discuss - please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I should have explained that social services discussed the situation with Lily's mother and are not really interested. Sandra satisfied them that we were making trouble and as Lily is no longer posing in this way they don't see any reason to investigate further. Do we have the right of appeal ?
You can escalate the matter and seek to speak with a team leader - please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do that but if that goes nowhere then could I report my concerns to the police ?
HiIn fact you are entitled to ask the police to do a background check using the Jersey version of Sarah's lawDetails here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although we are currently living in Jersey we will be returning to our home in England next year which is where Lily, Paul and her mother live. So if I report the matter to the police in England then will they similarly deal with it under Sarah's law ?
It is not a matter of reporting anything to the police - it is simply asking for a CRB check to be done
My colleague did not realise that I was helping in this matter. I would point out that CRB checks have been changed to DBS checks - but my colleague is correct. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Thomas Judge,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience: Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Thomas Judge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you