How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33524
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My ex partner is refusing to sing a restriction form which

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is refusing to sing a restriction form which is preventing me from selling and buying a property. He loaned me some money in 2010 and this has been paid back I have bank statements but he is saying he doesnt know what the money is for. Please advise.
I would be minded to get a solicitor to write to him formally threatening to take him to court for his failure to sign the restriction - that the sum owed has been paid and unless he deals with this within say 14 days you will have to take this matter to court for it to be resolved and you will seek the costs of such an action together with any damages. The cost of such a letter would normally be about £100. Happy to discuss - please rate positive .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex partner loaned £25000 in 2010 to buy a property for my mother. We separated in 2011 and I paid him back in full over a year. I am buying a new house and my solicitor has told me there was a restriction form signed for this loan by my ex. I am hoping to complete by the 27th November. If this form is not signed will it hold the sale up.
Then I would suggest that your solicitors write to him today threatening the court action and only giving him 7 days to reply. They can obviously stress that you will look to recover any losses from him should it not be sorted. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is a very clever man . I just need to know can he stop this sale for me if this form is not signed.
Yes. The restriction would need to be resolved prior to completion.Hence the urgency of getting this matter sorted and the suggestion which I have made to help. Please rate positive
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you