How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My brother has named himself as an executor of my mothers will

Customer Question

My brother has named himself as an executor of my mothers will 3 years ago.I have been to a Probate court, which my brother had to attend. he was ordered by the court to file a new probate date I have not had sight of the Probate document. where can i go from here /
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
You would need to take the matter back to court and show to the court that your brother is in breach of the previous court order. The court would then have the power to make orders against him including a costs order. This could be undertaken for you by a solicitor. Happy to discuss but please rate positive