How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A tenant who has resided in my flat years has just left

Customer Question

a tenant who has resided in my flat for 3 years has just left and i paid him out the full amount of his deposit on the day he left but i have just received a letter from him stating that since i didn't lodge the money with a government backed scheme he wants compensation from me even though he has received all the deposit back in full
i think it is blackmail because he asks for me to offer him compensation straight away what are my options
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Did you secure the deposit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i didn't unfortunately but he has been paid out in full
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello sorry not sure how this works but is that it? My apologies but not sure where i stand here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have i paid £38 to answer a question a stated in my original question to you?