How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If a solicitor carried out some work without your permission

This answer was rated:

If a solicitor carried out some work without your permission or ever meeting you is this wrong and where do i stand in this matter. He carried out the work on the instruction of my husband.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband and i had a lease on a commercial business. He instructed a solicitor to transfer the lease to his brother. The solicitor carried out the work without my instruction and he had never met me. When all the work was i was bullied/forced into signing the lease over.
This solicitor was also doing some work for us in purchasing another business on behalf of my husband and me. I went to his office to show my id to carry out the purchase of this shop. The solicitor was not there. The receptionist just took a copy of my passport and that was it. I have never met this solicitor.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure i would like my husband his brother and the solicitor to know what they done was wrong and maybe against the law and that if i wished to i could take it further. My brother in law did not pay for the lease transfer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that should say im not what i can do.
You should first write and complain to the firm, they will have a Partner that handles complaints. Then they will investigate the matter for you. If that does not resolve the problem you can go to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority who can handle complaints. They offer a free independent service and can see whether or not any rules have been breached. Their website is:
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Thank you very much for your help.
Good luck
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you