How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I owe money to my bank in Ireland and I have property in Portugal

Customer Question

I owe money to my bank in Ireland and I have property in Portugal that the
bank have no charge against.
Can they get a charge against my Portuguese properties and if so how would
they enforce it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly yes. As both countries are in the EU they can get a European Enforcement Order and transfer it to Portugal. There they could potentially enforce the CCJ against you by bailiffs or getting a charge.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex Thank you. To get a European Enforcement order do they have to go to the High courts in Ireland or Portugal?
plus what is a CCJ?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
County court judgment, they would not need go to the high court, just the regular court.
Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: