How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British citizen. My wife applied on marriage

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen. My wife applied for FLR on marriage basis after the initial two years. I was working abroad for the last 7 months but I was getting my wages in cash. After applying in person I've been asked to provide bank statements. The fact is that I was getting my salary in cash not through a bank. I do have a job offer here in the UK starting next week. Can you advice how can I convince home office about that.
I am afraid it is a requirement to pass the minimum income requirements when sponsoring a spouse and you should have deposited your cash income into your bank account for it to be counted as part of your income.
As things stand, the application may be refused if you are unable to show the minimum income required officially by way of bank statements. Sorry.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response. I have the employment confirmation letter from my employer indicating that I get paid in cash. Also, the fact that me and my wife have two little children born here in the UK would this be taken in to consideration or not. Can I defend our case on the basis of our children's rights not to be separated from their mother? I only deposited half of my income for overall income for the required 6 months. I deposited it onto a British bank here in the UK.
You may certainly try and raise all these issues with them and hope that they exercise discretion in your favour.
All the best. Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you