How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Divorced 8 years .ordered to pay £7000 a year to ex with

This answer was rated:

Divorced 8 years .ordered to pay £7000 a year to ex with ms for ten years done 8 but struggling finances now and debts of my own. Is it worth me trying to get this changed I am 58 had a heart attack run my own business but struggling now to afford this . Ex mother passed on leaving a trust fund for them .?
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
If your circumstances and your ex-wife's have changed since the order was made and you are still within the period of maintenance ordered you can submit an application to court to vary the terms of the order so that you can reduce the maintenance to pay.
Please rate positive if you are happy with this response.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you