How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

If I have rented grazing land last 10 years from the

This answer was rated:

If I have rented grazing land for the last 10 years from the land owner and have only ever had a verbal agreement. What should I expect from the land owner if he wanted my animals off the land and if I am given notice who should give me this notice and how?
Thank you
1. You are entitled to "reasonable notice" to take your animals off the land. In this situation, reasonable notice would be one month's notice if this was a yearly tenancy extended every year. This notice can be given verbally as the agreement has only ever been verbal. The notice should come from the owner of the land or his agent. Here, so long as the agent clearly identifies himself as agent of the owner, that is good notice. 2. However, if this was not a yearly tenancy, but instead was for many years at the outset, then you would be entitled to two months notice to take your animals off the land. This is because what constitutes reasonable notice varies according to the duration of the tenancy agreement.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you that helps a little