How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10976
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am elderly mother (USA citizen) of a 65 year old widow, no

This answer was rated:

I am elderly mother (USA citizen) of a 65 year old widow, no children also USA citizen with US A Pension. She wants to move to UK to be near her family: mother (me) ,step father( British born) 2 brothers and a sister who emigrated to UK in 1973 and have full entitlement to reside in UK. My husband and I are willing to accept financial responsibility for her. What are her chances of being accepted to live in UK with us?
1. So long as you earn more than £18,600 you will be able to take her in as a family member or as a dependent relative. Essentially, your daughter will be able to re-join the rest of her family. HOwever, she will need to be able to support herself without the help of State funds. She will also have to pay a Health contribution when she arrives as she will not have the benefit of the NHS for five years after she arrives. Here is a link to the visa scheme and how it works and how much is payable in fees
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you