How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What is my legal position if I discover that a solicitor failed

This answer was rated:

What is my legal position if I discover that a solicitor failed to pass onto me all my deeds and passed these to a third party in the hope that they may assist the third party in acquiring more land than is on their deeds and would therefore be prejudice to me in fighting the boundary claim made by the third party in order to acquire more land.
I am missing the deeds which the previous owner had shown me prior to sale and yesterday another solicitor now acting for the neighbours made a quote which when challenged he could not not quantify; but the information given could only have come from the original deeds and referred to the original driveway from the 1920's to the rear of my property.
To complicate matters I have now been informed by the local fountain of all knowledge that both solicitors are personal friends of the son of the neighbour.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you consent, I assume not?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I knew the documents were missing because I am still friends with the former owner and he was very surprised at how few documents were sent to my solicitor. In many ways they are of no real use except they had a planning application in them and a deed of grant for access over the northern half of the main driveway in return for paying half the cost of upkeep. Originally the property was a single unit but divided in 1953. We have now acquired the two parts and am trying to amalgamate them into one unit following the death of my husband and mother in 2014. The neighbours are objecting and placed a caution on my land stating that it had previously been registered incorrectly. The DL would appear to support the view that it was registered but that the Land Registry were given incorrect facts by my neighbours on their application and accepted this opinion. My Solicitor is scared of us going to Land Tribunal because it may involve expenses as the other solicitor has threatened that if we do not agree to his proposition i.e give up the ownership fo the fence and give next door extra land he will claim costs at the hearing.
do you have a number and I can call you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
01872 573094