My husband has been caught on m25 speeding camera speeding.

My husband has been caught on m25 speeding camera speeding. Driving at 106 mph on a 70mph limit. He already has 6 points on his licence. Will he receive a ban?
What are the dates of his points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
August 2013 (sp30 3 points
February 2014 sp30 3points
Ok. They are both in time unfortunately. The short answer is that he could be. If this is 106 mph in a 70 mph zone then that would normally attract either 6 points or a ban of between 7 - 56 days. Generally speaking a person would be given points. However, in this case, if he gets 6 points that would render him liable to a ban for totting of 6 months. If he were banned outright he would probably be better off as it would be for a much shorter period although it will have a horrendous effect upon his insurance. The only way to avoid a ban for totting is to argue exceptional hardship but that really does mean exceptional rather than just inconvenienced. Sorry if that is bad news. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your advise. It is totally his own fault. I depend on my husband to pick up my elderly mother who has dementia ( she stays with us at weekends for respite care) he had to get her back in time for her carers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That still doesn't give him the excuse to speed
is there anybody else who can do that? Does she have other family?Do you drive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can drive but with mum she is quite stressful as you can imagine with somebody with dementia. He helps me by doing this. Will he go to prison
It just carries penalty points or a ban and a financial penalty.
It doesn't sound as though this is the strongest exceptional hardship application though.
His best hope is that they will show mercy by issuing 5 points and a financial penalty which would mean he would have 11 but that can't be relied upon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you for your advise if he is lucky enough to get the 11 points and a financial penalty then I will look into fitting a device to the car to monitor speed
HAHA. The other alternative is to look at whether there are other ways in which exceptional hardship could be made out.
it can be made out in a number of ways.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I might need help from you to get me off for murder when he gets home ha ha
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile