How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1494
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Ive been with my husband years and he had spent

This answer was rated:

Hi, ive been with my husband for 15 years and he had spent most time working, to the point when I gave birth to my daughter in the morning, wanted to come home, he was in a 2 hour meeting and had autistic son also. Today I found him calling bluff again about his health (welsh), he bought me to the North under false pretence that he had family here that cared. Apologies for any emotions, I believe that I can divorce on the rules that his work is too much. I just cannot cope anymore with lies. He has hit me in the face, gbh charges. I dropped them. Please help as I am now partially disabled.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with your husband.
There are various grounds to divorce. Divorce on the grounds of unresonable behaviour is most commonly used. For this ground you need to detail 6/7 reasons why you can no longer remain married to your husband. This is subjective. You can use reasons such as 'he didn't pay me enough attention' , 'he wasn't supportive'.
Legal aid is still available to assist with divorce and finances if you can obtain domestic violence evidence and if you also qualify on your means. See this link and in particular the GP letter. If your GP is satisfied that you are suffering with a condition such as stress as a result of your husbands behaviour and they complete the letter - take it to a legal aid solicitor so they can assist you.
I also consider that you should seek support from a domestic violence service such as the one in the link below. You should not have to put up with this type of behaviour and you are not alone. Support can range from a chat, courses, groups or even a refuge place if needed.
Please don't hesitate to ask if I can provide you with further information.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
ukfamilysolicitor and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you