How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Just wondering as my mum under care of court of protection

This answer was rated:

just wondering as my mum under care of court of protection and my sister who i do not speak to now is her atorney with them as she is so unwell now how will i know who will be administering mums will and what would i need to do as she will not want to give me anything unfortunately will she be checked to administer mums wishes properly thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you send my answers to my email***@******.*** please
Hello Sheila
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with your sister.
Please may I ask: are you a beneficiary in your mums will?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just want some advice and answer to question please
Hello Sheila
Thank you for confirming that for me.
Just because your sister is an Executor does not mean that she can choose what she wants to do and not pay you. As executor your sister has to distribute the will in accordance with the will.
There are many options open to you to pursue the matter if your sisters doesn't do this - including asking for estate accounts, applying to the court to have her removed and also asking a judicial trustee to adminster the estate.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you mean ask the court of protection my sister is only a deputy with them goodness knows how as she has only given mum bare necessities before and after becoming a deputy mum never wanted her to be executor of her will is this automatic
Hello Sheila
Please do let me know if I have misread your question - it was my understanding that you are concerned that your sister is named as executor of your mums will and you are concerned that your sister won't distribute to you what you should receive as beneficiary.
If this is correct and your sister is named as executor - then this is not an issue for the court of protection. The court of protection will not become involved in the distribution of your mothers estate.
If your sister is executor and at the time when she comes to distribute relations between you are so bad that it is unworkable then you should consider applying for her to be removed.
Does this clarify?
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received
Just re-read your question an to clarify I would add that your sisters current power of attorney ends automatically if your mother was to pass away. Your sister would only become executor if she is named in the will to be executor.
I hope this clarifies for you.
Kind Regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks thats great