How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can I report to the police suspected fraud from a company dealing

Customer Question

Can I report to the police suspected fraud from a company dealing with my house insurance claim
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The building surveyor signed of building works on my property without my presence. Completion date was over 4 weeks over now it's 2 months over. Expressed concerns on work requested building works list section on plastering missing. Requested from insurance list of all requests and amounts given to the loss accessor. Again not given full breakdown of this by personal claims consultant. Spoke 2 days earlier to consultants colleague and was given some of the amounts that she could understand from the list of consultant that is dealing with my claim. They are very much different. I have sent emails again to both building surveyor and claims consultant with my concerns. As for the loss accessor he has not responded. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks. What is the fraud?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was payments made for dry cleaning and cash settlement for clothing and other amounts given to myself over the phone that have not been given in a breakdown of requests and amounts from Loss accessor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also payment for moving my family to rented property. My family helped me move. I did not receive removals
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel I have opened a can of worms and don't no what to do next. I have insurance for legal expenses. With my insurance company should I get in touch with there legal team. This is causing so much stress and unhappiness to myself and children. We just want to return home.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What is the sum involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it's also come apparent that I do not have a gas certif
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks.
What is the sum involved please?