Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have a CCJ against me, from 15 Nov 2010. It is for £53,916.

i have a CCJ against me, from 15 Nov 2010. It is for £53,916. Currently I have not been chased for this judgment and wondered what happens if it reaches 6 years as I am considering bankruptcy as an option.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. A CCJ is never statute barred so will still exist after 6 years. However if the creditor has not taken steps to enforce the judgement within 6 years of its issue it would have to apply to the court to enforce the debt by using Baliffs for example.