How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I'm living in my ex partners house, we have 2 young children

Customer Question

I'm living in my ex partners house, we have 2 young children and I've put a lot of time and money into the property. She has got a solicitor to send me a letter giving me notice to move out. I'm prepared to move out after Christmas. Am I entitled to anything and what are my rights?
Thanks, Mark
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Are you married to her?
What contributions have you made to the property and have there been any explicit agreements made regarding the property?
Please rate positive if you found this information helpful.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, please could you provide the above information so that I can answer your question.