How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50181
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am paid five pounds per hour before tax is this against the

This answer was rated:

I am paid five pounds per hour before tax is this against the law.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is your line of work and how old are you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am semi retired. Ill health retired from the police but now work on a caravan park which is open all year. I am 55 yrs old.
Are you self employed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get a police ill health pension and annuity pension which I am also taxed on and with the £5.00 per he I'm also taxed..
Workers aged 21 or over re entitled to the National Minimum Wage of £6.70 per hour. If you are only being paid £5 before tax then that is below the minimum wage and it is illegal. You can certainly challenge the employer over this. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of where to go next if you need to formally complain abut this, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Five star service
Thank you. More details on how to complain here: If the difference is not paid you can consider making a claim in the employment tribunal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where would I need to go now if I needed further advice as it is illegal. He pays me £640.00 every 8 weeks..and so far due to the hours I've worked over the summer owes me over £2200.00
The complaints steps in the link fist and if you want to make a claim it is in the employment tribunal:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. .
You are welcome, all the best