How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

We have a shared residency from a court order

This answer was rated:

We have a shared residency from a court order for our son aged eight. We have been divorced for five years. In this period my ex husband has accused me of all sorts of wrong doing and defamed me several times. He has also stopped me from seeing our son in that period
I've only seen Him 5 or 6 times since last December but at the moment not at all. Our son has mild autism. His father teaches Him to tell the teacher things and made the accusation I hit him in the stomach. This is totally untrue. Children's services don't want to get involved though they were a long time ago. He is acting judge and jury and says I can only see our son at a contact centre. I won't do this I've done nothing wrong. I've tried all sorts of ways to resolve this on going problem but he won't even go to mediation which I arranged. Everything I try he just turns things around or says yes then pulls the plug. He is playing mind games and control. He manipulates every situation and people believe him.
There is much more to this but all in a similar vane. I want to see my son for a while on Sunday's then build up to more time.
My question is what can we do to protect ourselves against lies and false accusations and do you know where we can get a solicitor near Stevenage and can a court force him to stop being judge n jury
Best regards
Hi, thank you for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
As there is a shared residence order you will be able to make an application to court for enforcement due to non-compliance with the arrangements. You can do this under a Form C79.
You can find a local family soliciotr to assist by searching
Please rate positive of you found this helpful.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for replying and your answers but I feel you missed a vital bit out as how to protect ourselves from lies and false accusationsBest RegardsSteve
Unfortunately, it is difficult to prevent people making up lies and false accusations. However, if the matter were to return to Court both you and the father will have to provide statements and evidence to support the allegations, such as medical reports, third party statements, and oral evidence from both you and the father. The judge will then decide, on the balance of probabilities, whether an allegation is more likely than not to have occurred.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you very much for quickly replying. I was hoping for a magic pil I think, as its difficult to fight against when your not that way inclinedBest RegardsSteve
Thanks, ***** ***** such as teachers and health workers will be trained in knowing when children have been trained to say things and when they are saying things of their own free will.
Good luck, and please do come back if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will do.Four stars nowHave a peaceful weekendSteve
Thank you and good luck.