How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been in an emotional and occasionally physically abusive

Customer Question

I have been in an emotional and occasionally physically abusive relationship on and off for a couple of years. My ex coerced me into having an abortion almost two weeks ago and then at the weekend when I very emotional we fell out and he told me not to contact him. Being very emotional, I ended up phoning him close to 50 times and instant messaging him a lot. He called the police and told them that I was harassing him and that I had undiagnosed mental health problems and they have now left me a voicemail telling me not to contact him directly or indirectly or to turn up at his house or he will call the police and have me removed.
Will this appear on any future CRBs, I have these regularly due to being a paediatric nurse?
I am also unsure whether to contact the local station he phoned to find out more or whether this is now dropped and will be the end of it. If a family member contacts him and asks whether he has made it a formal complaint does this come under indirect contact?
Would it be advisable to report my ex for his physical attacks even though these were weeks/moths ago? I just want this to end and to be able to move on now without the stress of my career being at risk
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No it wont. Only if you have been convicted or received a caution would it show up on a CRB check (now called DBS).
At the very most if you have an enhanced check there is a space for additional Police information so in theory they could put something there. But just by the Police asking you to stop this is very unlikely indeed. There is no caution or conviction so there is nothing to show.
If he has assaulted you then I would report these to the Police in case anything happens in future.
Do not worry. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would you recommend calling the police station he reported me to and finding out? Or asking a family member to contact my ex to ask him what his next step is? I don't want to aggravate the situation any further by texting him myself.
It is enhanced checks that I have for my job, would it be advisable to inform future employers that this may appear on my record?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would report this when it happens or keep a diary.
I would not worry about this - it's not a caution or conviction.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: