How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1364
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Just had a call from claimers ltd about council tax. Is this

Customer Question

just had a call from claimers ltd about council tax. Is this genuine
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask you to explain the situation a little more. Do you owe any monies for council tax?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Ido not oweany council tax. claims uk say they can reduce my council tax band
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you confirming that for me.
It is my understanding such companies seeking to reduce your council tax - often charge an administration fee.
There is no need to use such a company if you think that your council tax band is incorrect as the valuations office will do this work for free. See these links:
You can contact the valuation office at:
Telephone: 0300 0501 501
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work