How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My solicitor asking me to pay enterim hearing fees

Customer Question

My solicitor asking me to pay enterim hearing fees for the opponent although we lost it because of his negligence, please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- does the court order say that you are responsible for the costs order or does it say that the costs are to be paid by your solicitors firm?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The court order states that the respondent to pay all cost
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have CFA agreement with my solicitor
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming that for me.
As the court order has been against you - you are responsible for the same.
You should however considering making a formal complaint about the service you have received from your solicitor.
In the first instance you need to utilise your solicitors firms complaints procedure and give them eight weeks to either resolve your complaint or to tell you that they can’t or won’t do any more.
If when you have been through the solicitors complaints service and your complaint hasn’t been resolved satisfactorily - you can make a complain to the Legal Ombudsman. Contact details are here:
You must make sure you complain to the Legal Ombudsman within six months.
The Legal Ombudsman can make solicitors put right the work they’ve carried out or pay financial compensation. The range of options open include:
– Making the law firm apologise.
– Making the law firm reduce or refund legal fees.
– Making the law firm put right work it’s already done.
– Making the law firm pay your colleague compensation of up to £30,000. This is for inconvenience, emotional distress and upset and is the maximum payable. In most cases any compensation is likely to be far less.
Please don't hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Please do not hesitate to say if I can assist you further,
If you have found the information helpful I would be grateful if you could kindly press accept do that we receive credit for our time.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Perhaps I was not clear, I am the claimant and the respondent has agreed for settlement. The matter did not end in court but settle and the court ordered that the respondent pay all cost. Can you please review your answer please?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
So why is your solicitor asking you to pay the other sides costs? Sorry bit confused? If the defendants have agreed in the consent order - it seems odd that you are now also expected to pay their costs? Do the costs relate to a different hearing date perhaps an earlier hearing that was before the matter was settled?
Kind regards