How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My grandmother wishes to leave money to my brother and myself

Customer Question

My grandmother wishes to leave money to my brother and myself rather than risk the money ending up with our Step Dad who will , due to my mother's terminal illness outlive my mother. This money will then be used to care for my mother when she needs care. Is this possible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes your grandmother is free to do that if she wishes
- unless she is in Scotland.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details