How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

In 2012 I used a company to claim back ppi. On one particular

Customer Question

In 2012 I used a company to claim back ppi. On one particular account they were successful. After a few claims I was dissatisfied with their charges and switched to another claim company with less charges and concluded all my claims with them. Out off the blue a few days ago I received a recalculation that stated I had been shortpaid on my original claim of 2012. Good news but now today I have received an invoice from the claim company for their cut. Is this allowable as they did no work for this and as since I changed companies is it legal. Also how did they hear about this recalculation as we did not tell them and the company that is paying the ppi did not mention them in their paperwork. So can I dispute their invoice. Many thanks Robert elder ..01292 319868
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was the short pay in respect of a claim that they had handled or a claim that the other company had handled as it is not clear from your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the short pay was from a claim that they had handled
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok so do you mean that they did no work in respect of the additional amount that you have been paid rather than they did no work on this at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they did no work on the additional amount
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** to the question depends on the wording of your original contract with them. You can write to them to ask on what contractual basis they believe you owe them any money in connection with this given that they have not done any work to secure the money you are owed. If they can point to a term in your contract then they potentially could take action against you in breach of contract if you fail to pay the invoice but if they cannot then they have no right to demand this money. I cannot comment on how they became aware of this. Perhaps you can ask the company who have made the additional payment. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello Robert is there anything further you would like to know about this as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?