How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Following a domestic situation I was removed from the property

Customer Question

Following a domestic situation I was removed from the property put before the courts the following morning and subsequently bailed with court conditions of remaining away from the property and no contact with my partner or her son with whom I have been charged with common assault.. I have no previous convictions and have £100k of property in the house which I need to secure release of. West Mercia Police are being less than helpful..
What can I do to extricate my property.. I suffer from anxiety and which to comply with bail conditions but the police standpoint is awful..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Whilst I know that this is stating the obvious - with you bail conditions in place - it is important that you do not contact your partner directly about obtaining your property.
You need to make a list of all of your belongings - which you are seeking to be returned to you. It is worth considering instructing a solicitor so that they can write to your partner on your behalf in respect of the belongings that you are seeking to be returned to you.
You should arrange transportation for a time and date then inform the police so that they can attend with you again to collect your belongings. It is important that the police do assist you as this protects you in various ways: 1) cant allege breach of further incident, 2) cant state that you have taken things that don't belong to you.
In the long run if your items are withheld by your partner and she will not return them to you - then you should issue a claim in the county court for return of these items.
Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work