How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have just moved from Norfolk to Hampshire and I am an 85

Customer Question

I have just moved from Norfolk to Hampshire and I am an 85 year pensioner on a limited income. My daughter aged 51 years has elected to move with after living with me after my husband died in 2011. Our living arrangements worked out well and we got on well
living together, however, since moving to Hampshire where she has obtained a legal job earning £18,000 p.a. she is objecting to paying her way and sharing the housekeeping bills, and this month is refusing to pay me anything. I helped her through her bankruptcy and she is presently an undischarged bankrupt with, I believe, another 4 years to run. I am finding it difficult to keep my finances afloat with her refusal to pay her share, how do I go about this problem, I did ring her firm Lester Aldridge a month ago with this problem, as she can become abusive when I endeavour to discuss the situation with her. what do you suggest I do. I intend contacting the council as she does not pay her share of the council tax and I will also ring her firm up again. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did she pay anything towards the mortgage or deposit please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please note I do not wish to accept your offer. I am 85 years of age and have been advised to go to the Citizens Advice Bureau. I have advised my bank not to pay anymoney into your account from my Visa Card.Evelyn Curtis Mrs.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
That is ok, you don't need to accept the phone call and we can communicate via this chat post.