How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Was locked out by my partner she changed the locks nothing violent happened,we simply a

This answer was rated:

Hi was locked out by my partner she changed the locks nothing violent happened,we simply argued i paid £500 pr mth for expenseslived there over 10 years, her house do i have any rights sure can you ask
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
Just a bit more information required -
1. Are you married to her?
2. Do you have any children with her?
3. Did you have a tenancy agreement in place?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not married ,,no children,, no agreemeent on paper,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
carry on please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what would you like to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have parkinsons d
Thank you.
Unfortunately, as you are unmarried and have no children she can evict you from the property, although she should have given you reasonable notice before changing the locks.
However, if you have been caused severe hardship by this you will be entitled to submit an application to court for an occupation order. If the court grants this it basically means you have a right to live there. The court will look at numerous factors such as your needs, your prospects of obtaining alternative accommodation, as well as your ex-partner's needs and prospects.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you