How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a very complicated dispute . in short I need

Customer Question

Hello , I have a very complicated dispute . in short I need an answer to one aspect of that dispute.
After years of legal wrangling and bullying that I tried to deal with on my own, I succumbed at a low point in my life. I signed a Deed that was drafted by my opponents solicitor and used to place an agreed notice / charge on my property. This failed as the land registry said that the deed did not show "prima facie" of an interest over the land and a debit for money could not be covered by a charge. The solicitor then tried to force me to sign a formal mortgage agreement , which I refused to do.
My question is this . Can the Deed be used against me in the future to secure the "debit" or is the deed only a vehicle to register the charge / agreed notice and as it failed is it worthless .
Your help in this matter would be much appreciated .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much is owing and when from please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. The amount claimed is £60,000. It is from around 5 years ago. As I said it is rather complicated .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The "debit" is due to be repaid by 01/01/2018.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Just to be clear the deed has not been registered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No . The land registry refused to accept the deed to register the charge
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Ok. The deed can be used if they decide to take you to Court. They can issue a claim and if it goes against you they can then get a CCJ and use that CCJ to get a charging order on the property.
So the deed itself can be used in respect of evidence of a contract.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: