How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I was on this course level 3 Diploma Personal

This answer was rated:

Dear sir or madam,
I was on this course level 3 Diploma Personal Trainer (for six weeks). But I have been removed from the course just after 3 weeks studying because the course provider hasn't received the fund from 24+ advance student loans-government, which I thought they are linked to each other as they introduced me to apply for the loan. That is because I put the wrong amount. So the course provider called me said that I should correct the amount which I could do that "over the phone." When I called the 24+student loans, they said I cannot correct just over the phone, I have to download a special form and sign it, which I did. But again I made a mistake by putting the wrong amount again, which I believed my course provider told me I should put this amount. Then again I had to re-apply for the loan and sign it which takes time to proceed. Therefore my course provider has removed me from the course. Now, I lost the course without any certificate, I paid them nearly £900 deposit, which they don't want to refund, I lost my job because I left it for this course as they assured my I will get a paid job easy by their help, and as well as, money, stress, efforts and timing. Basically, they misled me and they just wanted to make money out of me without thinking about my future at all. In addition, it was supposed to be a part-time as I wanted to stay on my job, but they put me on a full time course "(misunderstood)", which I accept it when they assured me they will provide me with support to find a paid job easily as soon as I got my certificate. I much appreciate for your advice and help.
Kind regards,
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor based in London. I’ll be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have a specific question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I want to take legal action against this course provider to win my money back at least. It has costed me a few thousands of pounds, job, stress, effort and etc. Where and how I can get free help such as a free solicitor to solve this? I'm not sure that Citizen Bureau Advice can help and it takes a long time as well. Thanks a lot.
OK. I can't see what they've done wrong apart from put you on a full time course which you agreed to. It appears you didn't get thr 24+ loan because you gave the wrong infromation twice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would get the loan but they don't accept it because it will be delay which something i cannot do anything about it as it takes time and it is not in my hands. I didnt know anything about this field and they didnt tell me if they dont get paid before the course finishes they will remove me from the course. they let me attend the course and they didnt believe me when I said to them they cannot fix the amount over the phone and it has to be via letter and require my signature, but they kept telling me I could do that on the phone. So I'm not entitle for my money that i paid them. why they didnt give me a clear information. they were kept telling me apply the loan before there is still a space but they didnt tell me how long the procedure of the loan can take or if they dont get paid before the course they will remove me. Basically they just wanted me to sign and without telling me any consequence.
Are you saying they didn't give you and information about booking the course or their terms and conditions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess yes and they were very friendly and promised for all support.However, i'm not sure if it has written in terms and condition. It was all on the phone.
OK and why did you give the wrong information twice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The full amount was 2888.00GB, but I put 2400Gb because i was confused as the calculation that was written on the letter. First time i made a mistake, but the second time i believe they told me i should put the amount that was short, £400. I realized they were not experienced as they told me I could fix that over the phone, which they were wrong.
OK. To reclaim your money you will have to show that they are in breach of contract; to help you decide whether they are in breach you need to have a look at all the paperwork that you've been given and see whether they have broken any of their promises with you. It sounds like that you have been given the wrong information and you have also been misled about the way you should complete the loan application and if this is correct then you may be able to show that you are entitled to a refund of at least the deposit. It might be hard to get any more money out of them but there is no harm in trying because I know you are entitled to claim back any other losses that you think heard as a result of their breach of contract. I think the best way forward is for you to write a letter to the college and complain about the way you have been treated and also asked for a refund of your deposit and any other expenses that you have incurred. If you are not given a refund and you can get help from a solicitor to start a court case but you have to remember that if you do that he could be very expensive and you are not guaranteed to get any money back. The citizens advice bureau can certainly help you with your claim that they are not lawyers I will not be able to represent you in court or draft your papers. Before going to any professionals I do think the best thing for you to do is to put your complaint in writing first and once you have received a response from the college he can then decide whether to get a solicitor or not.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thanks for your advice and time. All the best.:)