How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Chartered Surveyor Single Joint Expert in a building Dispute I

This answer was rated:

Chartered Surveyor Single Joint Expert in a building Dispute
I am the Claimant
Following Directions hearing Court Ordered both parties to engage a single joint expert by a certain date(last week)
The proposed expert got back saying he is too busy!
My instructions were sent separately as the defendant/builder did not agree for the expert to answer questions re standard of work carried out by them which I insisted should be answered.
There is no single joint expert available in near future in this remote area of Norfolk.
Am I required to make an application to the court to grant additional time, or just send a letter? to grant 3 month stay to find an expert.
Directions hearing has already taken place.
Defendants will not agree to mediation until a single joint expert has given their report confirming that builder has done a shoffy job,
Thank you for your advice
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
If you are unable to comply with a direction you will have to write to the court to inform them of the issues and request directions. However, if you are able to agree an extension of time with the other party then you can submit a consent order outlining a change in the directions.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you