How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1441
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Helo, my son has a child 12yrs the result of an early relationship,

This answer was rated:

helo, my son has a child 12yrs the result of an early relationship, this child was handed into the care of his aunt, (sons sister) as his mother has been deemed by the Social Services as in an inappropriate relationship with a man already restricted from access to his own children. A family conference was held last month and it was held that the grandson would live with his aunt whilst his mother worked with Social Services the plan being that he would eventually go back to his mothers home. Part of her problems include alcohol and substance abuse. An Initial Child Protection Conference has been called unexpectedly at short notice tomorrow and both my son and grandson's mother and they have both been advised to consult a solicitor, which neither can afford, is there any assistance they can seek obviously as yet no decision has yet been made as to the grandsons future but both parties are very worried
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Is there any possibility that the meeting tomorrow is actually a Pre Proceedings Meeting and not a Child Protection Conference?
Does the letter that your son has been given - headed with the title 'Letter before Proceedings'?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The bold type within the letter states 'Initial Child Protection Conference ' no actual subject heading. An attachment gives the adenda and this lists an item as the reason for the conference
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have an email address I could send the PDF I have ?
I am sorry but these pages are public so I cant post my email address.
I am able to send you a full response from the information that you have now provided to me.
I would just like to ask you a couple more questions first:
- does the Local Authority have any concerns about the care provided by your son to his child?
- how often is your son seeing his child?
- is your son seeking to care for his son?
Kind Regards
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I have your contact details.
I will be able to call in 5 minutes
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no belief that the Local Authorities are concerned by my son's care of his child although he also is married with two under 5 year children and living in accomadation that would not enable him to become part of his household currently. Hence his living with his aunt.
My son sees his son several times a week and has him to stay. At the moment I'm not sure about what he wants but know that the family are concerned and involved in his welfare
Thank you for this additional information - I will call now