How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

The Land Registry has advised me my wife is registering an

This answer was rated:

The Land Registry has advised me my wife is registering an interest in the property I bought outright and currently own and which we shared until I moved out. But I don't think she has told them she owns outright her former home, which she is renting out.
Will her application be successful?
Thanks, Steve.
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified family law solicitor.
As the property appears to be the former matrimonial home then she is able to apply to register her matrimonial home rights which would have arisen as a result of the marriage. Having a different property does not discharge her matrimonial home rights.
I am not sure why the land registry would register your interest as this is not necessary if you already own it - it is likely a mistake as they may have misunderstood what you were raising.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks.