How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good evening. I am a victim of adult molestation from NHS employees

This answer was rated:

Good evening. I am a victim of adult molestation from NHS employees in a historical context. I brought my matter to the Police and NHS trust involved. The Police waited for the NHS to investigate, who duly just took the perpetrators word for it. The Police will only investigate the nature of the NHS investigation. I have been referred to the parliamentary ombudsmen with whom I will take the matter further. I was hoping to know what other processes there are to get the matter properly investigated and resolved in making sure the perpetrators are legally dealt with? Thank you.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
The police can investigate your report. However, the fact that the NHS, on a much lower standard of proof, have dismissed it is a problem from which you cannot hide.
I'm afraid it is not likely that it would lead to a prosecution in those circumstances.
You can make a complaint about it but you cannot force them to prosecute I'm afraid as they have a wider duty to the public, taxpayer's money and to justice.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. Could you please clarify lower standard of proof.
To bring a criminal prosecution there has to be proof beyond all reasonable doubt.
any form of internal investigation is just more likely than not. If the NHS thought it was not likely then the Crown is not going to think that they can prove it on the higher standard.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you