How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I bought a terraced house in 1981 & sold it in 2015. The new

Customer Question

I bought a terraced house in 1981 & sold it in 2015. The new owners are now questioning
the position of the garden party wall with the next door property. When living there, I was not aware of any alteration to the position of the wall. If an issue does arises about the boundry, which may go back many years, could I be liable in any way after 34 years, having purchased property in good faith?
Thank you.
Chris Holden
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I assume they had a survey done please?