How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

There was an aultacation at my home between my brother and

Customer Question

There was an aultacation at my home between my brother and my partner thy had a fight wich when the police turned up my brother told me to tell them that my partner assaulted me and that's y thy had a fight I ad no choice but to say this in my statement as my brother was present my brother has not made a statement the police took 2 knives out of my oven and are saying my partner was intending to use them wich he wasn't he was put on remand I have retracted my statement with my solicitor as feel police are pressurising me now his solicitor are ringing cps to see if want to continue with it or not wat can be the outcome as it was between the pair of them two not me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. Has anyone been charged at this stage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My partner for causing ocasonal assault he's on remand atm and I retract I'd my statement last week my partners solicitor is ringing cps to see if thy are continue with case or drop it as my brother has not give any statements or evidence I had a letter to say I am a witness but thy have told my partner he is getting charged for a common assault on me but I don't know about this as I've only had letter to say I'm a witness
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When will u get back to me with a answer please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to request a refund if I don't get a reply
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.
But I can request a refund if you would like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u give me a answer to my question plz
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can.
But I'm not sure what you wanted to know? I've read your post above but it doesn't contain a specific question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What will be the outcome with cps
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Have you done this before in other rows?
If so, how often and how many times?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since my retract statement his solicitor has asked the cps if they will be proceeding the case how long will it take for there response as my partner is still on remand
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
How long ago ?
What did you allege then and against whom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long does it take for cps to respond
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
It depends on the circumstances.
Sometimes they are given a week to review. I dont think that will apply here though because they have not been directed to do so by a Court.
Probably they will just declare at the next scheduled hearing.
However, if you have done this before then the chances are fairly high they would summons you. That is their policy at the moment. Summonses do have limitations but they are favoured by CPS at the moment.
The bigger issue anyway is whether they will take action against you as you do seem to accept making a false statement and that is perverting the course of justice i'm afraid.
Can I clarify anything for you?