How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Mum died in May and the house has been valued as her husband

This answer was rated:

mum died in May and the house has been valued as her husband is to remain in it as long as he maintains it and insures it, the valuation we have received now- is it frozen at that price or can it go up with inflation over the forthcoming years
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do you mean in terms of the valuation - do you mean what the insurance should be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its the actual house valuation price that we have received, does the 50% share that I have rise in line with the house price over time ie its valued at 100k now in 10 years time if the house was to be sold for 120k would I receive 50% of the differential increase
You will receive 50% of the value at the time that it is sold
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you