Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only

I had PPi with MBNA from 1997 I lodged a ppt complain they

I had PPi with MBNA from 1997 I lodged a ppt complain they rejected my complaint stating it was time barred and I should of reasonably knew a had poi. I pointed out that I was self employed at the time and taking taking into account that their own customer service informed me this year that they only cover self employed people in bankruptcy, I feel it was miss sold the policy. They now state that the ombudsman is not allowed to investigate.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you approached the ombudsman and it has been rejected or are they just telling you not to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have written to the ombudsman and MBNA have responded to them , telling them they are not entitled to investigate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks sorry or the slight delay, when were you aware that you were missold the PPI and when did you raise the complaint?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I raised the complaint this year, I only found out that the ppi didn't cover self employed when I contacted their customer service this year
Hello you have 3 year's from the date you are aware of the missellng so contrary to what you are being told you are not out of time. You can either use a claim handling company or raise a claim yourself. Details of how to do so can be found at It is not unusual for companies to try to put you off claiming in this way. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.