How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
This answer was rated:

How do i go about apealing my SOPO as i am now in a relationship

and she as a 6... Show More
and she as a 6 year old son
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
When was it imposed please?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
it was imposed in march 2009 and runs with my licence for life i am not allowed contact with children under 16 but dont know what wlse is on my SOPO as not seen it since my conviction and only got to see it after convicted
You can apply for variation or removal of the SOPO at any time.
However, you have to be realistic. A court is not going to remove it just because it is causing inconvenience. You will have to show a change of circumstances which means you are no longer a risk.
If you conviction does not involve children then you might get a variation that allows you to be around him.
If it does involve children then you should be aware that this will probably provoke a social services investigation.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
yes it did invole a 14 year old girl but now it is stopping me from leading a normal life ie relationship/family i was wondering if there was anyone that specialise in this sort of thing as have heard of lots of bad reports and yes i know about social services the only thing is with the she is worried about what her ex husband would do
Yes, you can always approach a barrister under public access.
I know this barrister
Does a lot of this type of work but obviously there will be cost.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
thanks for your help
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.