How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Good morning Sir/ Madam, I am a doctor working under tier

This answer was rated:

Good morning Sir/ Madam,
I am a doctor working under tier 2 visa.
ASTier 2 (General) Visa holder (employee), can I start a Limited company in UK?
I am aware that I can do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week.
If my limited company is concerned only with medical locum work, am I allowed to set it and be the director?
Also, I am a share holder with my wife who has a tier 2 dependent (general); Is there any limitation for the maximum share that I can have?
And regarding dividends I will get at the end, is it going to be a problem?
Thanks in advance
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Your immigration status has no bearing on your ability to:
- form a company;
- be its shareholder;or
- be its director.
Any one can do these things regardless of residence
The only bar you might have to being a director is if you have ever been bankrupt.
I would note you will need a registered office in England or Wales for the company - this can for example be an accountant or solicitor or a friends home address if they agree.
Kind regards
Alex J. and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you