How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a court order agreement, March 2014. transfer

This answer was rated:

i have a court order agreement, March 2014. for a transfer of equity on a jointly owned property but ex partner refuses to sign the transfer as he now claims i owe him £3000.00
He has not taken legal action and is unlikely too as it is just a ploy to not signing the transfer of equity. I have on the other hand signed the transfer of our other property, when requested.
how can i enforce the court order? do i need to attend the same court? or can i go to a small claims court? Will i need another solicitor? would i be able to claim compensation for inconvenience, loosing the mortgage offer (he has had the papers since the 2nd October 2015) Loosing fees incurred with for the mortgage application (survey, transfer of equity document, land searches and so on)
How should i proceed? and which forms would i require to get the order enforced?
Hi, thanks for your question. I am a qualified solicitor.
If the court has made an order regarding the property you will need to apply to the same court for enforcement. If your ex-partner refuses to sign the TR1 the judge can do so.
You can apply for enforcement under form D50K.
The court can look at any costs order due to his non- compliance.
Please reply if you require any further information.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you