How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A company by name Rocklaw took an amount of £459 as guarantee

This answer was rated:

Hello,a company by name Rocklaw took an amount of £459 as guarantee to chase PPI refund,but been told by ADR a colaborative company that the former has gone bust and not liable for my refund
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Were they a limited company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure
Is there any way that you can ask ADR about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes limited legal team
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had lengthy talk with ADR who claim they cant pay
I'm afraid that is bad news. This company was limited and so your claim is against that company which has now gone under.
Your claim does not transfer to another company unfortunately.
The only way that you can pursue this is to seek to sue the directors of the limited company but to do that you have to show that there was fraud or some other form of bad faith. Otherwise limited companies protect their directors.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thats strange so what happens to the ARB Advisory group they were working with?or assuming its not limited liability company
If it is not limited then you can pursue the individuals behind it.
The advisory group are not liable for the company's debts I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any clue how to pursue the individuals and any way forward?
Do you have any information identifying them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only email thanks
have you checked with companies house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have found them through consumer claims regulations office
If you check with companies house the directors should be listed there. There is a small fee. The alternative is to use a tracing agent who will also charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks,will think of that later
No problem.
All the best.