How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My mum died a few years ago and left a house in Poland to me,

Customer Question

My mum died a few years ago and left a house in Poland to me, my two brothers and my sister. We all live in the UK. We were young we she died and the house was never put into our names, we are now doing that so we can sell the house.
We have a court date to go to in Poland where we can attend and they will put the house into my, my two brothers and my sisters names. The court in Poland said that it would be acceptable for just me to attend but that I would need to get a solicitor to write something to say my two brothers and sister accept that.
Can you tell me what this document is and how I can go about getting it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.
Firstly I would ask for written confirmation from the court in Poland confirming that they are content for you to attend at court on behalf of all your siblings if you have correspondence to that effect. You should ask them to clarify specifically what they require.
Once you have this written confirmation - this will clarify for a solicitor what it is that the polish court wants.
I consider that from what they have verbally informed you, that the polish court are just after a short document to the effect of:
We, the undersigned ........ ( names)
Confirm that we are the siblings of (your name)
We can confirm that we are unable to attend at court due to currently residing in the UK
We can confirm that we agree that the property is transferred into all of our names.
This would then be signed by all your siblings and witnessed by the solicitor.
Such a document shouldn't cost very much - say around £150. A local solicitor to you will be able to prepare this.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for our work